The Misfits

We are all unique in our own way. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Now, here comes the part of fitting in. ‘You don’t need to fit in, instead stand out’, at first these words did feel good to me but as I’m hearing it continuously around now, it kinda feels hypocritical. Confused?

Let me put it this way, look around you, are there people who you think find it hard to fit in at your school or workplace standing out of the crowd? (Standing out, may be, but not in the positive spotlight) As I said, everyone’s unique in their own way, I feel that the people who actually fit in think that they are standing out but instead they’re jibing in perfectly with the cool crowd. There’s nothing wrong in being part of the cool crowd, but I hate the part when the real unique ones are left out.

I’ve had my own part in this. In lower grades, getting full marks or being the top in the class was almost like a punishment for me. My nickname was changed into ‘Nerd’ and whenever I got mad about it, I was seen as a snobby, short-tempered, over-acting girl in the class. I’m not trying to get any sympathy here. This was ages ago. I’ve grown out of it or rather to put it in proper words, the real people in my life helped me out of it. One of them told me that I should just ignore them and be happy about the fact that I can at least count on a bright future.

I just wanna say that being different wasn’t really a choice for the ones who are actually different. If something is seen differently in a unique way by someone, don’t crush them. Help them spread their wings to fly instead of teasing them to almost death. And don’t forget, when you call someone weird, the person you just called weird, thinks that you’re weird. So, stop judging and just be good or the Almighty will make you fall in a bigger ditch than the one you’ve dug for a misfit.

Comments

Popular Posts