Alive

If you’ve ever felt strong compassion for the ones suffering,
Then you know exactly how I’m feeling.
They say the world’s at war only in our History books,
But that’s not what I see on the news.

The endless conflict between Palestine and Israel.
Bodies flying about as they drop a missile.

The woman screams when the animal strikes.
To call that man a human, I don’t feel like.

The continuous turmoil in the Middle East
Makes me wonder, what actually happened there suddenly?

South-East Asian disasters gobbling down people alive.
Thousands have been blown or washed away that it seems like genocide.

Nelson Mandela, the man who had fought for the blacks’ rights
Is still fighting today to stay alive.

Relieved you may feel
To not be the one going through all these.
All your petty drama and complications is nothing against what these people are facing.
Be happy to not be the one crying.
Even then, you never know what will strike you.
So, pray for them to help them get through.

Comments

Popular Posts