Indelible

Now that it has been inside me for quite awhile,
I can’t seem to help it anymore whenever I think about it with a sigh.
It always runs through my head, and it’s running again
Maybe you hid the truth to not hurt me, but that is exactly what caused me the pain.
I knew it would be bitter, but I thought that the truth would set me free.
So, I had my armour on and braced myself with all the energy.
Unfortunately, I never really came to know it.
Couldn’t even know whether I expected the unexpected.
The curiosity kept on getting deeper
With a cold, shrill scream that made me shiver.
The pain from the shiver shook me like a mental earthquake
That even my ice-cold silver locket felt like a mere tickle around my neck.
Revenge that I never wanted to take and hatred that I always condemned,
You triggered out the feelings in me which I never felt.
I admit that I’ve too got in this my hand
As applause can’t take place if only one hand is used to clap.

Reflecting back I realized what a blunder I had made
Thinking everything to be like a real life fairy tale,
Indulged in excessive happiness
That the dopamine had made me addicted.
Serves me right for getting my focus spoiled,
Infatuated against my studies and poise.

Now that the excruciating pain is beginning to shed from me,
A dawning light is radiating like magic to get me back on my feet.
With all my views changed
I’m thoroughly optimistic to make new mistakes.
But only the right ones that would help me tackle my idiocy
And get me through unscratched with humility.

Comments

Popular Posts